Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring is HERE!

Yay!!! It's finally Spring in Texas.  Well...it feels like Summer outside, but it's SPRING (my favorite time of year).  April is going to be a busy month full of firsts for Miss MG.  Mary Grayson went in for her 4 month check up last week and weighed in at 14 pounds and 9.5 ounces (69%) and 24 (37%) inches tall!! After being in the 10 percentile for height last month we are so excited to have grown 5 inches in 4 short months!!! Dr. Stanley was so thrilled at MG's weight gain, being a breastfed only baby.  He told us we should begin introducing veggies by the time we come back for our 6 month check up! 
Since moving to Texas Marvin and I have been actively searching for a chruch home.  Both of us were raised in the church and want MG to be as well.  We visited one regularly for the past year, attended Bible Studies and even hosted several Sunday School parties at our home while prayerfully considering if we should join. We are so happy to announce we are now members of Kingwood First Baptist Church.  We have met so many wonderful families through KFBC and are so excited to finally be members! We chose to have Mary Grayson dedicated last Sunday and joined the church following the service!  She will start attending Mother's Day Out at KFBC in May. They have such a wonderful children's ministry and we are so proud that Mary Grayson will get to be a part of it. 
Us with Pastor Kevin dedicating MG to be raised with the Lord!
Lovie, Grammy and Paw-Paw drove over for MG's dedication.  "T" was in Hattiesburg celebrating Grandmother McKey's 85th birthday.  Happy Birthday Grandmother.  I wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!!!
I love Easter. It's my favorite holiday and so far Mary Grayson and I have attempted to make Easter cupcakes and Marvin and I took her to have her first picture made with the Easter bunny.  We have our Easter decorations out, MG's basket is already monogrammed and filled with goodies and Easter eggs are ready to be dyed!!! It is going to be a fun month.  Not to mention, MG and I will be flying to Atlanta on Thursday to visit with some of my best friends from my college tennis team!  There are three new little Bulldogs to join our reunion this year and we can't wait to get them all together!  Please say a special prayer as I will be flying with MG by myself!!! I know traveling will take on a whole new meaning for us with a baby!!! Look for pictures coming soon!! HAPPY SPRING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment