Monday, June 20, 2011

A Different Kind of Father's Day

I had every intention of making Marvin's first Father's Day one to remember.  However, MG added a little kink in our plans.  Let me explain...
The night before Father's Day was an ordinary one in our house.  We spent the afternoon playing in the yard with Grammy, Paw-Paw, Brandon and Carson.  Grammy and Paw Paw watched Mary Grayson while Marvin and I went out on a well-needed date! Once we got home MG had a bath and her night bottle and went right to sleep.  Marvin left for work around 10:30pm and I went to bed.  At 11:15pm I heard MG coughing over the monitor.  I went in to check on her and turned on her humidifier.  She didn't feel warm to me, so I went back to bed.  I kept the video monitor on in our room and watched her for then next few minutes until I heard her coughing again and struggling to catch her breath.  I ran into her room and picked her up.  Her little body was on fire! I quickly took her temperature and it read 102.9.  I called the Doctor and his nurse advised me to take her to the emergency room.  SO....to the emergency room we went.  Grammy came with us.  I snapped this quick picture of MG on the stretcher about to fall asleep.

Sleeping in the ER :(
After a dose of Motrin, a chest x-ray, a breathing treatment, a dose of steroids, an attempt at a catheter, and a urinalysis...we were sent home on antibiotics and steroids.  Mary Grayson was feeling much better at 3am when we finally went home.  She went right to sleep in her own little bed. She woke up at 7am and we made coffee and blueberry muffins for Daddy and then she went right back to sleep. I sat out all Marvin's Father's Day presents and served him his coffee in his new Texans coffee mug!  Mary Grayson gave Marvin a Texans travel pillow and blanket and a voucher for 2 people to play a round of golf at a nearby golf resort! Marvin and Mary Grayson slept most of the morning and I went to pick up MG's prescriptions.  We had planned on going out to eat with Marvin's parents and brother's family, but those plans quickly changed when MG got sick.  So...we had a lovely afternoon lunch thanks to Popeye's Chicken!  We slept most of the day and spent the afternoon next door helping the neighbors assemble their new above ground pool!  MG was feeling much better at that point and enjoyed a cool treat outside.
Enjoying a popsicle by the new pool.
The cousins playing Lego's after a swim.

Overall I think Marvin had a good day.  Mary Grayson and I love him so much and are so glad he is in our life.  Marvin is a wonderful Daddy.  I know he and MG will have such a special relationship when she gets old enough to really enjoy his company.  It melts my heart every time Marvin comes into a room and Mary Grayson sports an open-mouthed smile!  We have been told everywhere we take MG how much she looks like her Daddy and I think these pictures will do nothing but confirm our findings!  She is a Daddy's Girl!
Happy Father's Day Daddy!

Feeling much better and loving on her Daddy!


No comments:

Post a Comment