Sunday, June 5, 2011

I don't like the QUIET!!

I finally have a "quiet" second to blog and I really don't have anything specific to blog about!  As I'm writing this Sunday afternoon, my daughter is napping "quietly" in her room and my sweet husband in sleeping in our room (Marvin worked last night!)
My little angel napping.  One foot under the covers and one foot out...just like her Mommy!
 I'm sitting on the couch with a Lifetime movie on in the background as I type and a book I am reading on my right.  The laundry is folded, dinner is defrosting in the sink, MG's bottle is ready for when she awakens, my house is surprisingly clean, and I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the "quiet!" My life has really taken shape since I've become a mother, although I really don't feel like one yet.  I keep telling myself that maybe I'll feel like a mom when Mary Grayson starts calling me "Mommy" or when she prefers me to hold/be with her over others.  She has done neither.
For those of you who know me really well...I'd definitely consider myself to have a Type A personality.  I am the first born, very organized, very outspoken, opinionated and overall neat freak!  But since November of last year, I'd like to think the Lord has molded me into the woman he always wanted me to be.  I'm enjoying my messy house, the lack of organization of my crazy work schedule, the sound of my little girl yelling at the top of her lungs just because she's excited, and the chaos of life.  If anyone would have asked me if i would enjoy those things six months ago, I would have laughed in their face.  Not me, I'm Type A...I don't enjoy mess and chaos!  Oh...but I do!!! I'm relishing in the job of being a mother.  A wise lady once told me that if she sees a neatly put together home with no toys on the floor, no laundry on the couch and no mess...someone was being neglected.  She was right.  No one is being neglected at this house.  Maybe the purpose of this post is to say simply say that I'm happy, content with life, and thoroughly enjoying motherhood!  And the quiet is over!!! Yay!  MG is all smiles when she wakes up from her nap!  I can't wait to see her little face! And the chaos continues and I love it!
How can you resist this cute smiling face!!

No comments:

Post a Comment