Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Day of "School"

Today was a bittersweet day in the Waggoner house!  Mary Grayson started Mother's Day Out today.  She will go every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30-2:30 for the whole summer!  Because Marvin and I both work nights right now, I've been looking forward to today for some time because it will give us a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.  However, when today finally arrived it was a little harder than expected. I forgot MG's "gummie" (blankie) for her to nap with and I forgot to tell her teacher that she takes naps on her belly and not her back!  I cried the whole way home!  This was the longest she has ever been away from us during the day!  She does have lots of sleep overs with friends and relatives while Marvin and I work, but this was the first organized "school-like" experience for us and for her!  She is in the baby "Peaches" class and her teachers are Mrs. Dotty and Ms. Amanda! She has six girls and two boys in her class.  I know she was in great hands all day and was getting wonderful Biblical instruction from the ladies at the church.  Needless to say, I couldn't wait to pick her up and hear about her day! Mrs. Dotty said she acted like she had been there her whole life!  Her daily news sheet said she liked reading books and was cheerful, attentive, and energetic!  She ate well and napped for and hour!  I was impressed!  Here are a few pictures to mark our first day of school...
Mommy getting MG ready for her first day at MDO
So excited!!!

Smiling for Daddy

With Mrs. Dotty and Ms. Amanda in the "Peaches" class!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment